Thursday, October 18, 2007

Home, home on the range


My heart cries "I want to go home." My husband comes up to me with that look in his eyes. They say there is no place like home, seriously they mean it. I love my dad and Jola, they have been very wonderful to put up with us. But moving back into our new home is so close we can taste it. I want my bed back. I want my space back, the feeling that I cannot describe other than as "home."

Also part of me knows that it is not my home, that it is just a rest stop on my journey. One day I will find myself Home, and my heart yearns for that even more than ever now. This world is not for me. Yet I have so much to learn, miles to go. I know His plans for me are great, but that doesn't stop the hole from calling out to Him.

Oh give me a home where the buffalo roam, and the deer and the antelope play, where seldom is heard a discouraging word and the skies are not cloudy all day. Awooooooo!

5 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - Just click your heels together 3 times and say: "There's no place like home."

Shelley said...

Neo, are you the tin man, scarecrow, or lion?

Or, are you the man behind the curtain?

Shelley said...

NO, wait! Which witch?

Snaggle Tooth said...

I don't blame you for howling n whining a bit. I hate staying away from my space place too!
There's no place like your very own fire hydrant... (If you're a dog)!

Shelley said...

I bought myself a new fire hydrant. Its white and has a seat. Its one of the tall ones, taller than regular toilets.