Monday, March 2, 2009

stillness

and so I wait

afraid of the stillness

the moments when it is too quiet and you can hear yourself think

i stay up too late... wake up too late

miss out on life, but cannot be present even when in it

fake stories from books and tv take me away

everything stresses me at once

yet I wait

keeping busy so I don't have to deal

torn up inside is how I feel

torn between crying and puking all of the time

torn up inside is how I am

and the words are lost

and the attention is shot

and the tears fall down

moist and full breaking the stillness

but silent

be still

God is here

in the silence

in the stillness

collecting my tears in a jar

sheltering me in his wings

He cannot take the stillness away

but He can be there in it with me

I am not alone

listen with your heart

He is there in the stillness

4 comments:

cestmoi19 said...

Weekly Weigh In:
Last Week: 159lbs.
This week: 158lbs.
Mini Goal: 150lbs.

Ok, one gone, several to go :)
Have fun with your yoga mat!
~Tammy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you could use this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3U6BCUQqG8

Music is the escape from what you feel. The downs, the ups, the in between. We are all a part of it and none of us are immune. That nagging feeling is life falling away from us.

Enjoy the ride, call it a right of passage into the never.

Shelley said...

wish i knew ye anonymous...

Snaggle Tooth said...

Nice verses, altho very sad, too-