Thursday, March 19, 2009

Blessed is the one who trusts you

I literally broke down on Tuesday.

I let myself get so overwhelmed in my emotions, and the depression took over.

Thank God for Dave.

He got me tissues, got me water, and got me centered.

I was able to go on. We had things to do.

Waiting for him to get something for me while in the car, the phone rang. It was a new friend. She wanted me to come over. No one just calls for me to come over, ever. God must have prompted her. It was His timing. On that, I was totally settled. While I couldn't do it, just her inviting me meant the world to me.

We cleaned out Dave's car. It was officially totaled by the insurance company. He was just sitting at a stop light -- BAM!!! Sore back, inconvenienced, and stressed. But that is just life. People make mistakes and we have to pay for them, even though we didn't do anything wrong. We leave on Monday. Will we get a car before we go or after we come back?

What type of car? And what will happen on this trip? Will we be able to afford another car right now?

I don't know.

I do know that God is in control, and when I trust him, things happen beyond my explanation. Thanks God.

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

Alot of innocent cars at rest getting slammed lately. Mine was in the driveway while I was asleep-

Thank God you're alright, if a bit whiplashed and shaken! We get so complacent, n seem to forget as we bravely travel through our days that accdents we have no control over can take our lives at any time, ready or not-

I hope my daily prayers for you two help make a difference in your ability to overcome your adversities.