Monday, October 20, 2008

Stress can be good?!! Monday Weigh IN

Last weigh-in weight: 247.9
Today's weight: 245.5
This weeks loss/gain: -2.4
Total weight lost: 32.2
Weight to lose to mini-goal(240): 5.5

Stress, yes that helps. Can't give you any other secrets for how I did it this week? I don't know how. I ate at the airport, at drive thrus and on the fly most of the week due to travels. Who knows, maybe I ate less, maybe its just a couple pounds? I felt like I gained because the way my pants fit, so I don't feel good.

I was going to exercise today, realized it was too late to go to gym and get back in time, then looked out the window and the rain started to fall. I have new work-out pants too!

I just found out my old friend from grade school lost 45 lbs and can run two miles (and he started in July), so I am super psyched to get on the treadmill and train for the 5k in the spring. I would love to step up my gym attendance, especially because of SAD kicking in, I need to be more vigilant.

Goal: 4-5 days at gym per week. Minimum 2 days on treadmill working up to running for 5k. I hope to meet this goal by Thanksgiving, and will twitter my workouts... twitters run on the right side of this blog for you non twitterers and show up as my facebook status for you facebookers.
By the way, I also want to lose the 5.5 by my first November weigh-in. I think I can, I think I can...

I just re-connected with a long lost friend via Facebook, and am super excited to find out what is going on in his life.

Keep praying for me, I need it. My mood wants to dive a lot lately, and I can use the support. Emails work well too.

2 comments:

cestmoi19 said...

Ok, drum roll please......

Last week: 162 lbs
This week: 157 lbs!
Total weight lost: 36 lbs!

What?! 5 pounds lost this week?! I've got a couple theories on this loss this week, since I didn't exercise per se....

1) Got a sinus cold :( So, I wasn't feeling all that hungry all week. So, I ate less.
2) Subbing in Middle School the last two weeks. Those kids can wear you out even if you are just talking to them! It's like you have to keep your voice just a notch or two louder than normal to get through to them! Gotta burn some calories that way right?
3) My scale doesn't give out tenths of a pound like Shelley's, so I think I was pretty close to 161 anyway last week...it sure felt like it from my clothes.

This is motivating me for not pigging out at the tailgate this weekend! Gotta keep it up, even if I can't exercise as much with the weather changing and getting colder. More Pilates might be in my future!

Good job Shelley! You keep it up too! Thinking of you!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Yay!
for you both- n more difficult to excercise in the cold, but you burn more to stay warm-