Friday, October 24, 2008

Change my name, change my name


Beyonce Knowles, formerly of Destiny's Child "Say My Name" fame has decided to change her name. Okay, first of all the name "Beyonce" is equivalent to "Bootylicious." So with the release of her new album, Beyonce is saying "I am... Sasha Fierce." According to the article I read, Sasha Fierce is Beyonce's Naughty Girl alternative personality.

Why would one change her popular name? Or is it all just a promotional act by the record company? Maybe she is just a Beautiful Liar, or perhaps she just understands that R&B stars are not Irreplaceable.

Anyway, Beyonce is always been Jumpin' to me. Secretly I am a Beyonce/Destiny's Child fan. That Independent Woman can pay her Bills. She certainly is Foxxy.

3 comments:

Snaggle Tooth said...

The name change so late in the fame gig just reminds me of "Prince" habits!
Every one loves n remembers her name- just keep it, silly!

cestmoi19 said...

What about that stunt Garth Brooks pulled? - even releasing an album under a different "Bad Boy" name, which I can't remember right now.
Maybe it's like that???

Shelley said...

Chris Gaines, it was so he could come out with a "rock and/or roll" album.