Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pharaoh, LET MY PEOPLE GO!



I feel too close to the story of Moses right now. Not the part where he was a baby in a basket on the Nile, or the part where he goes up a mountain and talks to God for the 10 commandments. No, I feel close to the in-between Moses. The Moses that God tells to go to Pharaoh and ask to let Israel leave town to worship.

Much like Moses, I don't want to do this. I really don't feel up to the task. I am not equipped for the job. I have no money, little skill, and Pharaoh scares me.

Yet God keeps telling Moses "don't worry, I am with you." So Moses proceeds. Then Pharaoh gets pissed, and Moses gets yelled at, but still God insists this is going to work out. God tells Moses he has hardened Pharaoh's heart, and that he should keep going to Pharaoh and asking him "Pharaoh, let my people go!" (You have to ask me to do the cheesy voice, its funny.)

Time after time, plague after plague hits Pharaoh and his heart is hardened. How many times must Moses keep this up, how much can Moses endure? How does Moses find the strength to do this?

God, be with me. I AM, be with me. Yahweh, be with me. Help me Lord, give me strength and courage. I know you are, but I really don't know if I am as strong as Moses. Lord please help me to endure. I am begging you on my knees Father God.

Maybe I am not standing before Pharaoh. Maybe I don't have to endure 10 plagues. It sure feels like it. I feel more like I am trapped between the Egyptian army and the Reed Sea, waiting for God to tell me to raise my staff and part the waters, for I see no other way out.

We need a miracle God.

2 comments:

Snaggle Tooth said...

I always hear Charlton Heston saying the famous line.... Bless n rest his soul-
Moses asked "Go with me" and his prayer was answered "Yes"
Perhaps you need Gideon's prayer, "Give me a sign"- for reassurance.
You are prayed for daily here, with extras on Sunday-
Bless you! Best of luck-

Shelley said...

Aw, thanks Snagg! Hugs!