Thursday, August 14, 2008

Wait Patiently for the Lord


I used to think I was patient. Now I know I am not.

Somehow I knew that when I read that last passage in Psalm 27 that God would be stretching me.

I have been waiting for August 20th as a resolution of the past almost year of waiting. It seems as if I will have to wait for two more months. Making it a whole year of being "pregnant."

While yesterday I seemed upset, and I was, today I am finding peace in it. See, God is working behind the scenes, and I am trusting in HIM. I know it is going to work out.

In the meantime, I am building my marriage, my family, my heart for whatever it is God is putting on my plate. I am trusting in you God. I read in 1 Corinthians 13 today. The difference today was I am reading through The Message. After I read "
But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love." I wrote in my journal this:

Trust steadily in God
Hope unswervingly
Love extravagantly

I want these things to be said of me, and how I lived my life. I am struggling with the steady and am kind of wobbly, but the greatest of these is Love... and I know I have that. God is helping me build up.

BTW, click on the title of this blog for a link to Phil Wickham's blog to download his new acoustic worship album, FREE. It was supposed to be an "Easter Egg" but the album is too awesome for me not to share it! Please check it out!

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

Those are great words to be remembered! I often feel how that puppy looks myself-

I hope the remander of that long wait is far easier due to your love than you thought possible.