Thursday, August 7, 2008

Summit -Day One


Yes, I woke up at 7am (think I finally fell asleep around 2) and spent my quiet time with God and coffee and cereal. By 8:20 I was out the door and by 8:45 I was inside the building. I picked up my book and name tag and proceeded upstairs. I bought a bottle of water, I was thirsty. I found my "date" and settled in. We started with some good worship, although the crowd seemed sleepy. Stiff perhaps to worshiping via satellite. I enjoyed Bill Hybels, having never heard him speak before. Okay, I haven't heard any of these guys or gals before. Dave Ferguson totally distracted me by sitting in front of me for the first session. I was disappointed he didn't come back, but better off cuz I could pay attention. I watched over his shoulder as he blogged this post. I admit, I was jealous of laptop and saw many people with crackberries up and running.

I was personally touched by Gary Haugen, figuring if his tips help him to fight slavery and forced prostitution, they can certainly help me in my struggles and with my darkness. I was reassured that God is for justice.

I was most hyped for John Burke. His church is the "come as you are" church and I felt what he had to say most related to my ministry. (Celebrate the Journey- duh) It lit my fire, and I bought his book. I wrote in big letters THIS IS MY CALL on my notepad as he talked. I wanted to scream it. STILL DO!

Efram Smith followed him and preached it! I would love to sit in on a few of his sermons.

I couldn't wait to share what I learned with my husband, but it just sounds so much better coming out of the guys mouths that spoke.

The most interesting part is I spent a day doing "normal" work hours for most people. This is what it is like? I am tired, probably due to the 5 hours of sleep. I see other people when I walk the dog... its wierd. AND I can watch my show on regular time, not re-run or on the net.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wish i could have gone. =/ some peeps from Crossings went to a satellite location here in tennessee.