Friday, August 8, 2008

I try to blog about Summit but...


I really think CCC has "it" and Dave Ferguson has "it." John Burke quoted Dave Ferguson during the unscripted session. This is when I realized that I am part of some radical movement. I know Dave Ferguson. He has emailed me personally! (It was an honor!) First, I have to explain my Dave Ferguson "obsession." Its not that Dave is some really popular and famous guy and that I know him, in as much as he has made it possible for me to be a part of this radical movement. No, I don't work for him. That is the best part. Dave is the face on our church, and I feel that CCC has a culture where I am a part of the church and I am responsible for the church whether I am on staff or not. So, my weird "groupie" following of D.Ferg is just my way of boasting in my church. I can boast in Dave, Jon and Tim. I can boast in all the members of our church! I love our staff! Dave just happens to be the public face of our church. I like Dave because he is down to earth, and really truly humbly has a heart for God. I like Dave because he cultivates the culture where I am that has given me the best part of my life. I cannot explain it. I love the way he talks about his daughter, sons and wife. His life is shared openly with the church, and gives me hope. Its not an obsession, its a fondness. I promise you Dave, I am not stalking you. No more than I am stalking Eric Bramlett.

You will all think I am crazy now, and that is just fine. But, let me assure you the reason I am crazy is because of Jesus. Jesus has changed my life. Opening my life up to God has made me a better person, and I actually enjoy life. Like Bill Hybels said today, God's plans for you are way better than what you could have made on your own. I am just praising God for what I have, where I am, and the blessings I have.

I haven't really made that stuff public, so maybe if you want to know, ask me, email me. I will gladly tell you about it. All I can say is this: when God saved us, saved our home from the fire, I realized a lot of stuff. One of them is that stuff is just stuff, and I want to use what I have been blessed with to help others. Another is that God is always with you. Always.

God loves you and wants you to give in to him. The life I am living is not one I picked, but God has picked for me and it is wonderful. I am so blessed. I love the family that He has picked for me, you know who you are.

Now, I must go. I have to organize my sock drawer.

No comments: