Monday, June 2, 2008

I give advice...

This was composed as a response to someones blog post where they asked for suggestions as to making their life better. There was specific things he wanted to change, but felt no motivation. I wrote this response which is how I have gotten through my life changes.

Do you have a chance to spend an entire day alone with God? If so, I highly suggest doing so. You may wish to prepare for the day by fasting.

Make sure you are putting God first every day. A lot of times we get so busy we put God on the backburner, and it may just be that you are not longing for more life but more God. Tithe first, pray first, read the Bible first… etc. If God is not first, everything else will be off.

Pray without ceasing. Listen without ceasing. Ask God to show you how and help you get motivated. He has spoken a lot into my heart that I was not willing to hear before. If you are ready to change, God will show you how, if you are not ready, ask HIM and He will help you to be ready. If you don’t open your heart yourself, He is gonna have to break you, and you don’t want that… you might need it though. Sometimes His will for us is exactly opposite of our selfish selves.

Make sure your friends and family are all praying for you. Ask others to fast with you and pray with you.

Mostly, be ready for God to blow your mind, because if you are willing, he will. Believe me, I know.

I can’t believe I have lost over 30 lbs! Lots more to go, but with God’s help, nothing is impossible!

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

I don't remember the last day I had without prayer-
I'm sure alot of people never thought of it as "spending a day with God".