Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I will overcome


Slowly but surely I am tackling fears of my past. Yesterday it snowed. In fact, it has been snowing a lot on Tuesdays... Anyways, I had to drive to Aurora and to Romeoville yesterday. It took me 45 minutes to get to Aurora and just under and hour from Aurora to Romeoville. Would I have ever gone and done this before? No. No way. Mom freaked out in bad weather, and that led to a lot of anxiety in me when faced with bad weather. She also freaked out on busy roads, which would have totally gotten her with the combo.

I gave my testimony again, which is why I was in Romeoville. A huge part of my testimony is this passage from 1 Peter 1:18 "God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors..." that Mom wrote on a scrap paper. At the bottom of the note it reads "HE DID THIS FOR YOU!"

This passage, and the fact my mom wrote it, gives me strength. Strength to trust in God to take care of me. It is going to be okay. When I trust in God to handle the situation, and know that I am safe, its like finding out that the crocodile was just a statue. All of the fear fades away, with a big sigh of relief.

All of my life I kept looking to people to tell me that it was going to be okay. I was looking in the wrong place. It was God whom I needed to ask "is it going to be okay?" God answers "it may not be easy, it may not be what you expect, but IT IS GOING TO BE OKAY. I AM. I AM IN CONTROL. Don't you worry my precious child, everything will work out according to my will. I am good, it will all be good."

Thank you Father God.

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

I hate driving in the deep snow-piles. I had to go up an unplowed hill to get home just last night.
If it wasn't for my faith that God is taking care of me at that monent, I would be way more anxious!
I don't have any other explaination as to how I've made it thru so many close calls driving in the elements.

Glad you were safe, n braver than you were taught by example! Good for you! Better weather next ride out-