Friday, February 22, 2008

Follow me


"He took it. He blessed it. He broke it. And gave it to them." That same pattern is repeated throughout Scripture.
~Thanks to Tony Morgan who blogged about Bishop T.D. Jakes speaking at the C3 conference.

This is what God has done to me.

I read this, and it hit me. God has taken me, blessed me, broken me, and now is giving me to them.

Isn't that what Jesus did of Himself?

I am His, I am chosen,
taken if you will. This brokenness was hard. I had to give all I had. I died to who I was. Ask people who knew me then and who knew me now. Yes, I always was Shelley, but my life is different, my life is changed, my life is NEW. (Resurrection Life)

Now I am giving back something I never knew I had. Because it is not me. I never was about me. Its about God. Always was about Him, always will be.

And this new life, its new every day. Every day I get brought closer to God. Every day He blows my mind. Every day my heart strings are tugged. I cannot help but to follow. If I do not follow, I will burst.

In Matthew alone Jesus says "follow me" six times! Six! John and Luke 5 times! Every day I learn more and more that being a Christ-follower is not just about being a "new fangled Christian" but it is really about submitting and following. When I handed my life over to him, I was like a fish, caught on a hook. Every day He reels me in closer and closer to Him, and the closer I get, the more I love it and cannot wait to swim in to shore!

I feel like Peter at the end of John when he cannot wait for the boat to come in to shore, he has to dive in and swim to shore to be with Jesus right away!

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

You can really hear the calling recently! With enough faith, you can walk on the water without the swimming. That's an interesting observation on "Follow me."