Friday, September 14, 2007

This is rough


I am so not ready for the work to start on the house! I called a national hardware chain to order my stuff, and it all was insanity. Dave had the cell phone, so I had to take one that I don't know how to use, and it was on silent, so I missed every single call. Turns out the credit card got rejected, which is weird because I know I have the money in the account. I am still short one door, which I will have to get, its a 30Left. Also my buddy will have to deliver the trim cuz my pimped out minivan is too small! Also, they don't have all the floor I need. Maybe this is a sign. I am off to the other major chain hardware store to see if they can sell me. I feel like ugh. So much to do, and I might be coming down with Becky's cold.

Update: threw away the original plan and got better floor for less at other store... had to drive to Plainfield, but everyone at MENARDS is so nice, I just have to say thank you! They really do pride themselves on service! Makes me really understand service, because even though they only get paid so much, they really want to serve. It was pretty cool. One guy loaded my 72 boxes on a cart and the other loaded all 72 into the minivan. All with smiles in the last hour of the workday! Totally different from the other store where I felt like I was bothering the guy. Plus, at the Naperville store, I didn't feel like an idiot when the guy explained things to me. The guy on the phone from the other store made me feel stupid. Other than the annoying theme song, Menard's rules!

2 comments:

flleenie said...

We have been remodeling our house, bit by bit since we bought back in 2001. I completely understand what you are going through!!

Snaggle Tooth said...

This is one of the folks I mentioned in prev comment about remodeling the house- (who I happen to know well-)!

I hate places that make you feel like crap! Respectful sincere Service always wins in my book too- you're spending enough bux, they can at least be kind!