Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Going into hiding from my house


Friday. Friday I finally get to sign the contract. When will work begin? I have to start caring for Dad's house Sunday or Monday. We will be (paying someone else to be) ripping out the carpet, putting in laminate floors. Installing new windows (2) and a new patio door. Also, new interior doors should be coming in. The bathroom is a near complete remodel with a new toilet, faucet, light fixture and exhaust fan, new ceiling and tile surround for the bath. Painting of the whole joint needs to be done before we can move back in, and that is a different guy all together. Kitchen is being postponed to determine how much we can do, because if we can, I want new cabinets as well as a new counter and sink and faucet and disposal and oven/stove whateveryoucallit.

While we are living at Dad's, we have to care for the house and flowers, a grand total of 3 dogs and 1 cat, still come and get mail at the condo and also try hard not to go insane. I must be nuts trying to do this without time off. Hopefully there won't be much supervising involved. I have too much life to live.

3 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - Aye, hear ya there. I'm just in reverse, unloading stuff I don't need and finding things I forgot I had. How to differentiate what you need and what not to keep.

Good luck!

Snaggle Tooth said...

What's odd here is that I just caught up on Janus's blog where he is also moving to dad's house for a month to redo carpets n floors! Boy are my 70's floor surfaces jealouse...

Happy re-modeling!

Shelley said...

How ODD is that?