Monday, September 24, 2007

Come on lets go...


Have you ever decided on something, and than gotten so anxious you want it right away? Take dogs for example. You ask them "wanna go for a walk?" and you cannot change their minds for the world. Dogs are focused on what they want, and they want it now.

Healing is different from that. Healing takes TIME. This means WAITING and PATIENCE and mostly RELYING ON GOD. Yes, you stay focused on your goal, but you have to be open to experience taking time.

Lets say you break a leg. You go to the hospital and get it cast, but you still have to wait at least 6 weeks for the bone to heal itself before you can remove the cast, and often you need to follow up with physical therapy. Why do we as humans want a quick fix for everything? Have we become too much like dogs, needing to go out RIGHT NOW?

I am hungry, I go to the drive thru. I don't plan ahead a meal, that would be to hard, and take time. Patience for me involves the time it takes to wait for my food at the window, sometimes to drive it home. Heck, sometimes I order something to eat in the car on the way home.

I really need to learn patience, I need to trust that I will heal in God's time, not mine. I trust you God, help me to live that trust that I have for you. Help me to wait, to be quiet.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Psalm 33:20
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield
Psalm 37:7
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
Psalm 37:34
Wait for the LORD and keep his way
Psalm 38:15
I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God.
Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
Psalm 119:166
I wait for your salvation, O LORD, and I follow your commands.
Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.
Psalm 130:6
My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning
Proverbs 20:22
Do not say, "I'll pay you back for this wrong!" Wait for the LORD, and he will deliver you.
Isaiah 8:17
I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob. I will put my trust in him.
Isaiah 30:18
Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!
Lamentations 3:24
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
Lamentations 3:26
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.
Micah 7:7
But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

2 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - Food? Ewww, I don't think I could eat right now. Too much worry going on with my move. Hey if you guys have some extra boxes send them this way.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

Shelley said...

Hmm, can I email you those boxes?