Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas to all


I thought for Christmas, I would share with you a picture of myself and Dave. It is probably one of the best gifts we can give, seeing as our budget is dry. It felt horrible to receive and not be able to give to family members and friends that we could not afford to put on our list this year. It felt horrible to only give so little to others when they spent so much money on us. I know for a fact that many people spent ten times on us what we spent on them.It did however feel good not to increase my credit card debt. (Not that I could, I am maxed out.) I hope that family members truly understand how broke we are. When Dave had to go to the hospital on the day of my dad's wedding, it did not help. Okay, it helped him, but not the bills. While we prepare to enter into our marriage (less than two weeks if you are counting) we face financial trials on top of everything else.

We need some prayers right now. I am truly grateful to God and what we have, and I am not asking for prayers for money. I am asking for God to be with us as we enter our marriage. I am asking for God to bless us in all our endeavors. I am asking for help with stress and managing money. I am confident that God will provide, and us two crazy lovebirds can fly off into the sunset together. I think I want everything to be just alright, and not tight so I cannot breathe.

I did have 3 great Christmases! As a bonus, I got to see my sister all three days! I got to spend time with the people I love. It was so hard to say goodbye. I wish they were in my life everyday. I guess I will just have to keep them in my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture. Marriage will be wonderful--just you wait. And my advice is not to sweat the small stuff. It's certainly not about equal spending and you're probably the only one counting...We are praying for the both of you.