Monday, December 11, 2006

I want to know you, better than I do

My Bible reading has had me in John and Revelation. My cd player has Jennifer Knapp. The more I read the Bible, the more I know Jesus. The more I understand this trinity concept. The more I understand God's will. And the chorus for "Into You" run through my head.

She's a skin art junkie, all cute and petite
all her fat-cat schemes don't look around
don't you even blame me
it's a real bad thing to spill your shades for a blind man to find it
who can feel the whole earth move and don't even mind it

CHORUS:
I wanna know you
better than i do
relieve from myself, bring me into you
i wanna know you
better than i do
relieve me from myself, bring me into you

she's a wanna be hero
yeah, she try to be strong
but at the end of the hour
you find that the tower ain't standing so tall
it's a real hard thing
to show your weakness
if anyone can love you, i know my King does

-Chorus-

Your Holiness
Your Kingdom
Your Righteousness
My Freedom

she's an easy scare
she's a simple bluff
she's a timid girl
she's in love


That is me. I am in love. I want to give it up to Him so I can be free. I want to feel his love in me and through me and for me and for others. I can not use words to describe this. Read Jesus's prayer in John 17 then see if you get the feeling I do. One. Unity. Love. Not hate and disease and war.

My prayer is that this Christmas the world gets just a taste of the love of God. And it I pray that it makes the world thirsty for God. I pray that people turn to God to fulfill their thirst. I pray that all believers become stronger in their faith and learn to shine their light in the world. I pray that we all get to know you Father, better than we do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome prayer! Sometimes, praying for the world is a bit overwhelming to me. But I do it anyway because I know the love of God can accomplish all things, even the redemption of a crazy world.

Shelley said...

Thanks for commenting Patrick. I feel the need to pray for the world because it is the heart of Christ... ya know.

I know what the world did to me, and I pray for healing like I know through Christ.