Monday, December 18, 2006

Church is good, mmmkay?

Today (meaning Sunday, I do realize it is past midnight and technically Monday, but I still have not finished Sunday yet so there!)I finally got to reconnect with God by going to church. We missed last week, and so I really needed to spend some time just praising and worshipping Him. The message really applied to me in several ways, and I walked away from today knowing God better than ever. Three highlights to share:

1. God/Jesus is the perfect example. Ever question how to handle a situation? How did God handle it? Sure, he is God, but there must be a reason. What would Jesus do is more than a cliche, it actually makes sense when you are lost. Try it, you just might be surprised.

2. You can cry and worship Him. I became so overwhelmed with His love for me, and his Holiness and glory that I cried. I took communion, and had a communion with Christ. I cried. Yes, that is why I ducked out of the gym today. It was a good cry, and then I came back to sing His praises.Unfortunately, most people frown on mucus in church.

3. He can read your mind. Troubled about something? Someway, somehow, He will let you know. I have been worried about a situation, and it was answered right there in the message today.Here is how to deal with X, God said indirectly through Tim. If the church had the video up, I would link it.

Of course, all of this is backed by my continued Bible reading and prayer/ meditation. It is great having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Today, I got to go over to his house for a little while...

My God is a living God, active and powerful, meaningful today more than ever. May you be able to feel just a sliver of love that I felt today from Him, and may it bring you peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelley this is really powerful stuff. Thanks for being so candid about your faith.