Saturday, April 3, 2010

Living like its Saturday

I think most Christians live life on Saturday, I mean, they knew Jesus, saw the miracles he performed, but then on Friday he was crucified.  We forget that Sunday happened.  We forget the open grave.  We forget the resurrection, we forget Jesus lives.  Easter becomes about a bunny and chocolate and jelly beans, not an empty grave. 

When bad things happen, or things we consider to be bad happen, do we turn from our God, forgetting how in 3 days Jesus defeated death and became our resurrected Lord? So often we take the opinion that its the end, that the story is over. 

But when you begin to live your life like its Sunday, instead of Saturday, you have a new outlook on things.  Death and endings are just the beginning, and there are so many new opportunities for a brand new start.

I just lost my job in March.  Honestly, it took me a while to get to the place where I was okay with it.  I was living a few days in Friday mentality, then quite some time in Saturday.  I didn't feel anymore, just lost my hope.  But, I look to my God and know that he has something spectacular planned for me.  I know that every single time I trust in him, I am not disappointed, he blows my mind. Sunday comes, and the grave is empty.  Jesus lives! 

Last year, we brought home Jeramy to be a part of the family, this year I don't know what the empty grave really means, but I know it is going to be awesome, and nothing that I could imagine.  God always has something planned that we can't imagine.  His thoughts are higher than my thoughts, his ways are higher than my ways.  So now, my Saturday takes on a whole different meaning than it used to.  Before, it was dead, but now it is alive.  Instead of dread and disappointment, Saturday holds anticipation for me of what Sunday might bring.

Which Saturday do you live in?  The one where there is no hope?  I want to invite you to take this Saturday to open your heart and your mind to the idea that something miraculous is about to happen.  Something you can't even fathom the height or depth of the impact on your life.  Trust in the ONE who defeated death.  Trust that what God may remove from your life he only means to replace with something way more better.

Jesus was awesome- but if he didn't leave, defeat death, he couldn't send his Holy Spirit to fill us. Thanks God for Friday, Saturday, but especially for Sunday.

Happy Easter.

No comments: