Thursday, April 1, 2010

I need EASTER

I need Easter this year more than ever before. 

I need to remember that Jesus didn't just die on the cross for my sins and it ends there.  I need to remember that he rose again, and defeated death.  The life I lead doesn't have to stay on the cross, but can be a resurrection life.  I can't believe I live much of my life as if Jesus died on the cross, but not as the tomb was empty. 

I need to embrace being shaped by the Potter, this broken piece of clay.  I am not alone.  I need Jesus more and more all the time.  I wish Jesus was like a magic wand, its not.  In fact I told someone tonight that my life has gotten way more complicated since I gave him my life in '06.  Jesus doesn't make us think that this life is an easy one.  He reminds us often it is not.  In John 16:33 Jesus tells us "...in this world you will have trouble. But take heart!  I have overcome the world."  I hang tight to that, in my dear savior's arms.

Knowing the financial trouble I am in is due to the legal case I have been involved in.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.  People and relationships matter more to me than stuff, houses, or any stability.  Because you know in the end you can't take any of that with you, but you can impact lives and hearts with your own.

I want to stop being all about me, and more about Jesus.  I want to serve those who need his love.  I want Jesus to greet me from the shore, cooking breakfast- RISEN.

No comments: