Sunday, April 25, 2010

Funny thing

Today I jumped back in the saddle.  I served at church.  I had called a hiatus for a few months, and many of you may remember me taking a step back for a season.

Funny thing is that now I have lost my home and job, I am free to return to serve.  I am able to spend quality time with my family, and grow. 

Funny thing happens when you have nothing to rely on but God, you realize that God is enough.  Surely Corrie Ten-Boom realized that in the concentration camps.  I think it really hit me while watching a movie about the Holocaust just how lucky I have it.  Even losing my job and my home, I don't have to run in fear for my life, defending myself and my family against even my fellow camp members.  I am more free right now than I have been in a very long time.

I believe I dreaded losing things more than I treasured my life. I have more than I ever needed right now.  Thanks Jesus.

No comments: