Sunday, May 10, 2009

Best EVER Mother's Day

First off, I have to say that my mom and I never really celebrated Mother's Day. I used to say I love my mom 364 other days of the year. See, it all started with expectations and having to do things I didn't like. Then once, I moved out on Mother's Day. Since then, we always did something around Mother's Day, but we always did do something special. My mom was very special to me, and I miss her. She came up today, and a song came on the radio to let me know that even though she is not here on Earth with me, she knows what is going on, and she is proud.

Today I was communicator in Kids' City. That means I stand up on stage in front of a bunch of 1st-5th graders and teach them a lesson about God. Don't worry, I have a script. It went well. Sometime after the first group Jeramy said, "wait, it's mother's day this weekend?" Yeah, don't you remember you made your mom a card in school and we put it in the mail? "Oh yeah. Happy Mother's Day." Thank you Jeramy.

I tried so hard not to cry.

Then, after second group, he gave me my present. Apparently he really wanted to get me a bracelet from the resource table. (They sell handmade jewelry and other stuff to support missions.) He came up with the idea himself. He said he knows I really like rocks (because I had just showed him my rock collection from when I was a child this morning.) I was soooo happy.

Dave said that Jeramy came up with the idea himself. All unprompted.

This kid has a generous heart.

Mine -- mooshed.

God is so good. He really has watched over Jeramy's heart. He really does answer prayers.

It is well with my soul.

1 comment:

mc.girl9 said...

that is so cute!!!!! i think jay must really love you
grayce k your favorite person