Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Storytime

I had a great Memorial Day weekend, very memorable.

We took Jeramy out to his grandparents, and relaxed with fishing, boating, and just plain hanging out. Jeramy loved it.

He insisted that he was NOT sleeping on the couch, so we invited him to sleep with us, despite the bed being a very small full size antique bed. So, Jeramy, Dave, myself, and the dog all cuddled into bed. It was fine until Jeramy moved in his sleep and the dog barked at him, waking us all up. Then he ended up upside down and kicked me in the head. He eventually moved out to the living room and slept on the floor. But it was nice, because we were all together as a family.

I have noticed Jeramy using the term family a lot more. When referring to us. I know he likes being a a part of a family. He also is enjoying church, and honestly the kid never wants to leave. Its almost easier to get him to the dentist (okay, not that hard, but still!)

I really wasn't expecting him to grow too close to me, so I backed off. There is so many reasons, but I won't go into that here.

Every night his dad reads him a story. Tonight I picked out the book (Gross stuff fact book) and the first subject was barf, I excused myself because I can't stand barf. Well, after that section, Jeramy invited me back in the room. He said they were done with barf and I could come in. So I laid at the foot of his twin mattress and listened to Dave read about snot, urine, feces, and farts. (Jeramy's favorite was farts, although it was the most boring chapter.) The three of us crammed on a little twin mattress reading about farts. This is awesome. Thanks God. He even rubbed my leg with his foot. Neat.

Well, he still didn't want to fall asleep so I suggested we pray, because when Dad and I need to calm down we pray together. So I led a prayer thanking God for all the awesome things and experiences we have had. We prayed for our family, including extended. I thanked God for Jeramy because he is so awesome and fun. I just can't stop thanking God. It was great, even if Jay hung his head over the edge of the bed the whole time.

Sure enough, that was good. I hugged and kissed him good night and he didn't even flinch like he used to (cuz I was a girl who had cooties, even though he was immune to cooties.) It means he is opening himself to my love, and actually really enjoying it.

I am so happy that he wanted to fart on me yesterday! Call me silly, but it means a lot. I love this little boy like my very own and it means the world to me that he wanted me there to share his storytime.

God, you are so good and faithful. Don't give up hope, when the time is right, God comes through.

No comments: