Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Facing your Giants

Been doing this study based on a book by Max Lucado.

Its like I needed to be reminded how BIG my God is.

And if I don't keep him close, no matter how big he is, I can lose sight of him when all the little things start to clog my vision.

I have been re-evaluating my life, my priorities, my routine, and just when I am ready to make change.

BAM I get sick.

I get stuffy. I am tired. Physical illness is a giant to me. Not that I am that sick of a person, I know people with worse health problems. Its just that I spent so much of my childhood stuffed up and in a haze. I was the kid who always came to school sick. People asked me why I didn't stay home. If I had stayed home I would have missed sooooo much school.

I feel as if I miss out on life.

On the beautiful weather of the last two days, I have been in bed all day until I get in my car and go. And its not like I can enjoy it. My head is in the clouds.

God is in control. I give him that.

Now am I ready to face a Giant that I have been letting boss me around? Not on my own... not on my own.

1 comment:

jason said...

Been a long time since I've read some Lucado. Like most good Christians, I was an avid reader of his back in the 90's. Glad he's still writing stuff that can impact the soul.