Friday, May 1, 2009

difficulty sleeping

I know if you have difficulty breathing, its dyspnea. And if you have difficulty swallowing its dyspagia. This week I have had dysleepnia. And it appears that I am not the only one. Even Jeramy was up past midnight the other day.

Is it the weather? Is it the change in lifestyle? Is it the financial stress? My lack of exercise? All I know is that I have been a slacker recently.

Things at work are stressful. When the belt gets tightened, we all feel it. People are concerned about keeping their jobs. Hours are watched carefully. Every i must be dotted and every t crossed. My sleeping problem is not helping my timely factor at all.

I guess if I haven't been too fruity lately I need to look at my roots.

If you don't get that last sentence, its okay.

On a completely different note, my new name at work is Shirley. Or Sharyl. I have actually been able to have fun despite a difficult surgeon who shall remain nameless. I passed on a quote to a friend, and it always makes a difference with me.

You can't stop a bird from flying over your head, but you can keep it from building a nest in your hair. --Martin Luther

Now I need to build a nest in sleep's hair. See how it likes it.

No comments: