Tuesday, January 6, 2009

You 2.0 Journal day 2

CCC gave out Big Idea Journals this weekend. Its awesome, because its just what I needed to get back in the habit again.

Today's reading is Romans 12:1-16.

The question for pondering is: Would the people I know describe me as someone who does church/Christianity as a hobby? Or, would that describe me as someone who tries to live like Jesus in all areas of my life?

I personally love the beginning, where it says to give your bodies as a living sacrifice. Not just your self, but your body. I love how more and more as I don't copy the behavior or customs of this world, but allow God to transform my mind, I do change. It is a transformation that has brought me deep joy and fulfillment. It makes me question why I ever had my back turned on God.

Then I remember how the world is so tempting, chocolate, credit cards, fast cars, hot men and women, beer and liquor, and fast food.

God my prayer is this, let me never take my eyes off of you and your truth, your promises. May I always seek you with all my heart, no matter where it may lead, because it is in doing that I find true joy.

So tell me, if you know me, leave an anonymous comment... is Christianity just a hobby, or is it who I am?

Then ask yourself, because I know where I stand with God. I truly wish that you would pursue Christ with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. Turn yourself into a living sacrifice. Grateful that Jesus died, and rose again, defeating death, so that we may inherit the great Kingdom. Maybe you just need to get to know who this God is, and what it all means. Let me know, email me icanseerightthroughyou at g mail dot com.

1 comment: