Saturday, January 3, 2009

Coming out of hiding...

I have to admit, I have been in hiding. I got sick, and cold weather keeps me bottled up inside. I have no money, no groceries, and spent way too much time in bed. I have been letting depression win. Why? I hate that part of me, I hate laying in bed and staying isolated. I love people, I love my people. I miss them.

I have to say thanks to my soul sista JJ for slapping me across the face, but she didn't know it. Read her whole post here. This is what I am cutting and pasting for you:

Life is meant to be lived...

it is not meant to hide from what you may be afraid of, or who may hurt you.

To live is to feel the fear and do it anyway. To live is to feel the hurt, and love them anyway.

To live is to enjoy what comforts your fort may bring you, but to be strong and courageous when the time comes to tear it down... and leave your hiding place behind.

We weren't meant to hide forever.




The world is waiting...


make your move.

Here I am. I can't hide in my fort forever!

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi there, I've just challenged you to the list "7 facts about yourself" meme. They can be anything you want. It just took me a week to do this cause I think too much, plus I had to work n didn't have much time.

Just thought it would give ya something fun to post on your blog. Plus, I wanna read it! I'll be back soon-