Saturday, May 24, 2008

Why I haven't blogged about WW


I have had someone ask me how things are going with Weight Watchers. Here is the update: I was not really on it while on vacation. Since I have been back, I am back to my weight before I left. Eating french fries with every meal is not very conducive to weight loss. Also, did not have time to exercise in my busy trip out west.

After evaluating my finances, and with the ever growing price of gas, I can no longer afford to pay 40 bucks a month to get weighed. I am considering purchasing a scale for 20 bucks instead. I would rather spend that 40 bucks on iTunes and have more music to go to the gym with!

I had a good three months solid where I learned the system, and it is going to be up to me to keep the weight loss going. It was always up to me anyways, but paying the bucks made me accountable.

So now I will be accountable to you folks... I am going to get a scale, work out, watch what I eat, and track my weekly weight loss here on the blog.

Woo hoo, are you as excited as me? (Probably not.) Here is the brave part... I am going to list my actual weight and clothes size! Hey, if I can do it on WW to a bunch of strangers, why not here? I am trying to love myself for who I am, no matter what.

Props to my cuz, Tammy, who has lost a whole jeans size! I would love to fit into her old jeans! I hear that my sis Megan is down to about the same jean size, so I should have plenty of jeans when I get down to one above them! I still have 4 sizes to lose to catch up to them. Its okay, because I was always the biggest and the oldest, so it will just be a longer period of time. I had more time to gain... Also, my Aunt recently got back into an old pair of jeans, she is looking really good! I am so proud of us! Our family is getting smaller! In a good way! Even Dave needs some new pants...

This weight loss is getting expensive! New clothes cost money... good thing I have some hand me ups from my sis.

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

Good to have folks to pass them too. We have a salvation Army thrift place which is cheap. Also, I found $3 jeans n T-shirts in clearance at Walmart recently to ruin at work. (cheaper than underwear!)
Keep the eyes peeled...