Friday, May 9, 2008

Even the rocks would cry out


My favorite passage, okay one of my favorite passages, is in Luke. It occurs during what most people know to be "Palm Sunday." The religious leaders are asking Jesus why he doesn't stop the people from praising him. Jesus said that even if people did not praise him, the rocks would cry out. I love it!

I love watching spring arise, healing the ground and blooming out of the secret places from dead trees. I love watching leaves unfold to the glory of the sun, spreading their wings out for nourishment. I love as the grass becomes green and starts to grow in places once brown and desolate.

Yes, even the rocks cry out to His glory! Have you ever seen the sun set on a mountainside? Have you seen how some stones glitter when wet, changing their appearance? Have you seen a geode cracked open, the grey outer shell revealing a glorious display of crystaline growth?

I love watching the dog stand outside with her nose to the wind, just soaking it all in.

What am I doing inside on the computer? I am outta here!!!

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

I've been finding alot of get out there excuses also- good for you!