Sunday, May 25, 2008

Confession...


I just had a friend make a confession to me. It really humbled me. Why choose me, me?

My turn, I have a confession to make. I don't like to wait. God tells me to trust His timing, and rely on him to make good decisions, but I don't want to wait. Time and time again, God has spoken to me "wait."

First I have to explain how God speaks to me. People get confused when I say stuff like that, so I have to explain. If you ask a person a question, they usually open their mouth and say things so your ear hears it and its processed by your brain. For me, I ask God a question, or I am thinking about something, or typing you a response on Facebook when suddenly my heart speaks out. I say my heart because this is wear I feel it from. It is nothing audible, but suddenly I have an understanding. My brain processes it, and then I say to myself "is this from you God?" The message stands firm in my head, and I check it against what I know in the Bible. The Bible is absolute truth, and God would NEVER tell me anything against the Bible. Then sometimes I get a picture, or a story in my heart.

I have been wondering, questioning the WHY as to why Dave and I have to wait for three months for something. Yesterday, I went to service at CCC and the sermon was about marriage, tumbling rocks and grit, and UFC. Basically the sermon spoke out to me, affirming what I already know. God has a purpose for you. By the you, I mean us, Dave and I, you as a couple.

God is gonna make things work out and will make us stronger, more shiny like those rocks in a tumbler. See, Tim said that we are the rocks and the grit, and I think we got one analogy wrong. Us as people are the rocks, and God is the grit. We could bang up against each other all day, but its not until the grit comes in do we really start to shine. Sorry, I had to.

So today, I am writing about how the service spoke to me to a friend (yes, on Facebook) and I suddenly got this other story out about how we helped someone and it took 3 months exactly. God was assuring me that this three months has a wonderful purpose, and we may not see it yet, but it has a purpose.

So I hold on to that. I sing the refrain "...so I wait, for you. So I wait, for you. I'm falling on my knees, offering all of me. Jesus you're all this heart is living for." Then Lincoln Brewster comes on, "Strength will rise as you wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord, wait upon the Lord."

And I read my Bible every day. Every day He speaks to me. Like here:

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

No comments: