Monday, November 12, 2007

This was just the beginning


When Dave and I married on January 7, it was only the beginning of a great adventure. See, we were originally going to wait until October 13, as in a few weeks ago October. Now, life has been hectic, so I haven't had the chance to really blog on it, but I am soooooo glad we didn't wait.

After our meeting with Pastor Troy, we both felt unsettled. I would like to thank the Holy Spirit for urging us forward. Our life has been filled with so many blessings (yes, I mean it despite all the drama) that I would not have done it any other way. Dave and I have grown so much closer to God and to each other, and waiting to get married would not have let that happen.

We have become deeply involved in our church, a part of a community that rarely exists anymore. We have become deeply involved in each other, with a commitment and passion that exceeds anything beyond my previous expectations. I didn't know that I would ever be this truly happy in my entire life. I have to give one guy the credit here... GOD! See, if Dave and I hadn't based our relationship and our individual lives around God, we would not be seeing such wonderful things in our lives.

But Shelley, you say, you guys have had nothing but turmoil, your mom died, your dad remarried, you've been sick a million times, a remodel, a house fire, one thing after another and you say you are happy? YES. Although JOY seems to be a better word. Happy is an emotion, joy is something deeper, something inside of me. A deep inner peace. It is through these trials that we have learned to lean on God, and God has totally provided.

We stand on the edge of a new era in our lives, something major is about to happen. The funny thing is, although I am scared, I am not frightened. New things are always scary, but I just know that it is gonna work out. It always does, and I trust that what God has planned for me is way better than anything I could conceive in my tiny little head. Romans 8:28 says "
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them."

1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

Happy Would've-Been-Almost-Anniversary!

BTW glad you've made it home!