Thursday, February 1, 2007

Proud Father


My dad just posted some wedding photos on his website. He is a proud father. I will never forget the way my father smiled at me on my wedding day. Just look at him. Plus, how handsome is he in his tux? My dad had so much fun at my wedding, and I know he was happy and proud of me. That just makes me so happy. My dad and I have not always seen eye to eye. Even today, we agree to disagree on things and just love each other for who we are.

Dad isn't always exactly the perfect father I dreamed of. I am sure I am not exactly the perfect daughter he dreamed of either. The good news is that I am not limited to that. I have a Perfect Father that is everything I ever needed in God. Not to put my Dad down, but NO human can live up to GOD.

People tend to rely on other people to fill all their needs. People are flawed, no one is perfect, no one can give you all the love and forgiveness you need. Only God can do that. God gives you everything you need. Don't believe me? Rely on Him, and you will. Notice I did not say everything you want. What you want is not always good for you. If I could, I would live off of chocolate and pizza. Get my point?

Thanks God for being my Perfect Father, and I hope to make you just as proud as my Dad.

No comments: