Friday, February 9, 2007

Can dogs go to heaven?

I have had something on my heart recently, and I think I want to write on it today. I am not supposed to judge, that is God's job, but I see a situation that I want to address. I don't want to hurt feelings here, because this to me is not personal. This is something that we all need to be reminded of.

God is the only one who can say if someone is saved. (Substitute is a Christian, Christ Follower, or whatever you like instead of saved, it works.)If someone does not handle a situation perfectly, that does not make them "not saved" it just makes them human. If a person has faith in God and loves Jesus Christ that is good enough to be "saved". The rest is between them and God.

Paul talks about this in the Bible. Romans 14:1, 12-13 "Accept other believers who are weak in faith, and don't argue with them what you think is right or wrong... Yes, each of us will give a personal account to God. So let's stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall." And he goes on in Romans 15:7 "Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory."

Scripture speaks to me daily. I like to read it because it helps me develop a personal, living relationship with God. I use it to help me understand things. I believe the Bible is God's instruction manual for life, the more you know and put into practice, the better your life.

So while I do not know if dogs go to heaven, I know that it is not up to me, but God. It is all about HIM, not me, not what I want.

No comments: