Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Nowhere to turn? God is listening...

Sometimes life gets so overwhelming. Recently there was a tragic car accident in Oswego where 4 kids were killed, and several injured. My friend's son has a friend that lost a leg. Imagine that, being in high school, losing your friends and your leg... So tragic. This is when life gets overwhelming, and you wonder why God puts us through such ordeals. I saw those kids faces on the paper today and I wanted to cry.

I wondered why God had made my mom so sick,why she had to suffer, why we had to suffer so much. On that side of the pain, it was hard to see. I got this awesome devotional that really helped lead me through the pain, and into the glory of God. I also started reading the Bible and going to church. Things started to make sense. Then I worked on my relationship with God.

If you are hurting now, it is so hard to see the light that is there behind the cloud. I assure it, it exists. God created this world, and us, to give us love. He needed nothing, He just wanted to have us to love. Start by accepting that love, trying to understand it, and the Truth will be found. Prayer is good. Prayer is not some formal thing, and you don't even have to get on your knees, or talk out loud. Just talk to God. If you want to know God, pray for that by saying "God I want to know you." Believe me, you will come to know God. Keep reading the Bible, and talking to God. Before long, you will have a relationship, which is exactly what God wants. God wants a relationship with you. He wants you to know Him and be able to bear your heart to Him, he wants you to talk to Him, and rely on Him, especially when all else fails.

I say this because this is the truth that I have found by living in His Grace. I pray that more people will come to understand the peace that I feel by having a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I want them to feel the joy that I feel, even a fraction of the peace I know...

Ask me more, or ask Him...

No comments: