Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Are you ready for God's vision?

This time last year, I was starting to respond to the call in my heart. My friend Becky was just baptized, and I felt that I should start going to church. On February 2 I bought the Bible I carry around and read like crazy now. Mom was still with us. I had no idea what God had in store for me. I saw things foggy, and was unsure of the future, but I knew that God had a plan. God was going to use all of this pain and suffering that I was enduring, that the family was enduring, to stretch us and to make us grow. I started going to church with Dave. And grow we did. The more we studied His word, attended church, got involved with things, the more we grew.

God did not intend for us to be unhappy, unmarried, unsure about life and the future. God did want us to be happy, married, and sure about our future. Ok, so God did not tell us what the future was going to be. Just this... its a God-sized vision, and with God we can do anything.

Yesterday we received some news, and we believe that God is stretching us yet again. This God-sized thing is amazing. We are super excited about it. This time last year, it would have devastated us. Now, we are ready to undertake what is about to happen. We are surrounded by friends, family, and the love and support of our growing friends at the church. We see this as an opportunity to do God's will, to be what He wants us to be.

Sorry, but I have to keep you in suspense for now. When we have confirmed word from the world, we will let you know for sure. We already know God's will, we are just waiting. Trying to be patient can be hard when you are so excited.

We just cannot praise God enough right now. We pray that His will be done, and that everything goes as smoothly as possible. Our response is this: YES LORD!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear God is all over this and now such a huge part of your life. Regardless of the outcome you want, your giving it to Him and this is what he wants. We will be praying for you and your family.