Saturday, December 22, 2007

The true meaning of Christmas


Suddenly I find that Christmas is creeping up on us. I check my email, I then go to my Google Reader and catch up on some blogs. God is talking to me through others and through my life to realize for the first Christmas ever what this whole thing is all about.

All of my life I thought Christmas was about what I could get, exchanging gifts, so you can get gifts, and food... lots of food. Family, yes, and even baby Jesus, oh and the carols, you have to sing the carols.

God came to us.

That should be reason to celebrate. We got this gift, this perfect thing in such a delicate baby boy delivered in a stable. This baby dies for our sins, then defeats death and resurrects. We can now have a relationship directly with God, that was never ever possible before. All because a baby was born... and the life he lead... and the death... and the resurrection.

So for us, what is Christmas?

Christmas should be about giving a gift that cannot be repaid. Check out Matt's post. Matt is a great guy that moved to KC, MO to follow a dream that God put in his head. I love and pray for Matt, and the whole Restore team.

What can you give?

No comments: