Saturday, December 29, 2007

It is all alien to me...


Often times I find myself wanting things that I have no idea what to do with. One of the biggest problems I have is making friends. I get these people interested in me, and being my friend, but I don't know how exactly to develop that friendship, or I feel like I am in some strange land. Many people want me to be the one to make the plans when I am ready. (Hint: I am never ready!)

My favorite is call me when you want to get together... um, hello, but aren't we talking now? Let's make plans now! Alas... now is never a good time to make plans. (Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. John Lennon.) Thus I end up sitting at my computer drinking coffee and blogging before work.

I am horrible at this friend thing. See, I work when most people are off work, and anything before 11am is just too early for me, I can't do it.

What I can do, is poke you on Facebook. It works for me.

I really want this connection thing, but I am soooo bad at it. Help me. I cannot do this on my own. Part of my problem is that I fill up my off days with stuff, and then nobody wants to do anything when I actually keep it free. Oh, yeah, and making that first phone call. ... I just plain suck at that.

Of course, now my vacation is over, and I am working this weekend, so I won't be free for another week unless you make me meet you for lunch. Because that's my schedule... it allows me to be a recluse.

2 comments:

Snaggle Tooth said...

The calls I like most are the ones for no reason! To check in, just to say hi and see how you're doing, those are the folks who care.
One person called me for the first time in years during a blizzard, just to see if I was ok! I'd been so lonely that day, too!

If you always need a reason, ie; trying to go to a movie or lunch, it makes what should be fun more work! Be casual, relax, be yourself, then just call or hang out with no activity other than conversation, no expectations.
You're certainly likeable enough!

Shelley said...

I like what Will Hunting says "maybe we can just sit around and eat a bunch of caramels"

its not the activity, its the company.

Thanks for thinking I am likable, now I just have to convince myself... I am working on it.