Thursday, April 5, 2007

What you miss in a week


It seems as if you miss a week, you miss a lot. The funny thing is that people assume I know what is going on when I haven't been around. So here is some stuff going on at work that I need help praying for, because its chaotic.

1. removed upon request

2. removed upon request

3. removed upon request

4. removed upon request

5. The vacation committee met without me this time. Blow to my ego I suppose. I need prayers that I don't let work politics get under my skin. We have a soap opera. I don't want to be involved.

6. And last but not work related... what do we do now? Dave needs a car, and there are multiple financial decisions being faced by us. Pray for us to have the wisdom and the strength to do what God's will is for me and Dave.

On a note of good news, Dave and I went out for dinner with Dad and Yola (his wife) last night because it was her birthday. Things went rather well. I have decided that if Dad loves Yola, and if she makes him happy, I should support him because I love my dad. We may not like decisions that people make, but we should support them because we love them. Yola is not a bad person. She is very smart, and would really like to get back into nursing. She really cares for people, and is very helpful and supportive. Hopefully, she will be able to enroll in an ESL class soon to help her to pass any tests she needs to take to get certified here in America. I know she will make a good nurse, she sure knows her stuff.

On a note of bad news, I work on Easter. Bah!

2 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - Holiday pay=time and a half.

Sorry to hear so much bad stuff is floating around you. Dave and you are pretty smart and you'll figure it out. The angels watch over you.

Peace,

- Neo

Shelley said...

Neo, nice thought, but like I said, its not a holiday... that means no time and a half. :(

Seriously, straight pay for Easter :(

Thanks for your good wishes, you know that Dave and I wish nothing but greatness for you and yours.

Peace and stay away from malls,
XRC