Thursday, April 12, 2007

Journey through Psalms


This plaque was located at the last stop called Hermit's Rest at the Grand Canyon. It is from here that Dave and I watched the sunset on our Honeymoon. It is the closest I could come to in capturing the moment on film. The view was just glorious. (Thanks, God!)

I have been reading through Psalms recently, and I just love the groanings of David! It tells me its okay to cry out to God! I am not the first one to yell out to Him in desperation! It also proclaims His glory and wonder. So I wanted to post some lines that stood out to me from Psalms, let me know if any of them touch you. (FYI, I am reading the New Living Translation.)

4:4 Don't sin by letting anger control you. Think about it overnight and remain silent.

27:4 The one thing that I ask of the Lord-- the thing I seek the most-- is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in his Temple.

30:4-5 Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones! Praise his holy name. For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime!Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning.

34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

37:5 Commit every thing you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.

37:7 Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act.

37:18 It is better to be godly and have little than to be evil and rich.

37:23-24 The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.

46:1 God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.

46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world."

55:16-18 But I will call on God, and the Lord will rescue me. Morning, noon, and night I cry out in my distress, and the Lord hears my voice. He ransoms me and keeps me safe from the battle waged against me, though many still oppose me.

55:22 Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

56:3-4 But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you. I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?

56:8 You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.

62:1-2 I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. He alone is my rock and salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken.

62:5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.

3 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - I like these quotes. But I'd have to say that this one was my fav:

"34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed."

That struck a note.

Peace,

- Neo

Shelley said...

Neo-

You won't believe how powerful that passage is. It got me through so much when my mom was dying.

Also the passage where Jesus is in the garden before he was arrested and he said "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death." (see matt 26:36, mark 14:33) Also Luke 12:44 where he was so upset he sweat blood.

Keep the faith-
XRC

Neo said...

XRC - Aye, deep stuff...

Peace,

- Neo