Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thank you for the Cross

Believe it or not, I took this photograph on vacation (you know, the honeymoon!). It is one of my favorites that I took. Why? Because amidst all of the beauty that he created, I found beauty in the cross where Christ was crucified. The place where he was pinned bloody and broken and humiliated for me, for my marriage, for my brokenness. That with the pain comes beauty, sunshine, promise and glory. With the cross comes light. With the cross comes resurrection.
It took me a long time to find the power that comes with accepting Christ into my life. Now that I have it, I want to remember it and celebrate it every day. I want to shout it from the rooftops. When I was at the Grand Canyon, and viewing the red rocks in Sedona, it was a religious experience. God has so much beauty in this creation, one can only fathom the beauty of heaven.
God, you have blessed me so much with my life, all that I have, and the people in my life... my wedding was a testimony to that. For that I feel that words fall short of thanking you, so I ask for your help in living my life, my marriage, as a testimony to you. Thank you Jesus.

"I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!" Philippians 3:10-11

No comments: