Sunday, August 2, 2009

For Nothing is Impossible with God

I finally decided what I want my tattoo to say. I have only been wanting one forever. I just need to decide where I want it and what it will look like. I know this: I have to be able to see it. What fun is putting something on you that you can't see?
I also want it to be a reminder so that I don't ever ever forget. I think I might want to have an artist competition, or maybe just have my kindred spirit JJ design it, or maybe just the tattoo artist. I am thinking of somehow incorporating my moms drawing(scroll to very bottom of blog to see said drawing), but the more I look at it, the more the drawing doesn't belong on me. Maybe it can have green and leaves incorporated in memory of her, and all of the growing I have been doing.
My husband is not too keen on tattoos. Which is cool, but he also knows what this means to me. I am not just getting a tat to get a tat. Its not some crazy cartoon. See while my God does not require me to mark myself, I desire to remember, to build a monument to his great works. When people ask, I want to tell them of the marvelous things he has done in my life.
1. Save my sister, 2. reunite my family, 3. soften the hardest of hearts (moms and mine), 4. hooked me up with Dave, 5. Given me the best family ever; 6. Jeramy, 7. Cassie, 8. Paul, and there is so much more coming. He is gonna blow me out of the water with!

God always blows my mind. Like, I expected his corpse to be in the grave, but he's not there, he has risen. He has defeated death. I have such a limit on him sometimes, but I shouldn't you see, for nothing is impossible with God.

No comments: