Friday, April 24, 2009

Changes Challenges Choices

I am going through a lot of changes right now. That also means many challenges. I have to re-think my priorities and decide what is important to me.

I have to admit, I have been slipping into a bit of a depression. Sleeping in, or oversleeping, and avoiding things like people and blogging and working out and such. The computer has also been jamming every time I try to load photos.

I am struggling with communicating with my husband, and he is struggling with not getting enough sleep.

I have a little boy at home, and at work I often feel sad about what I am missing by not being there. I have to work. I miss what a lot of people take for granted, evenings with their children.

I am learning about friendships, especially friendships the way God intended. With women. AND, I actually have made steps! I reached out to a few safe ladies, and plans are in the works. The best thing however, was when I wrote a letter to my dear friend who has really been pivotal in my life. I cried like the whole time, as I am sure she did while reading the letter. I think I have learned a lot how un-safe I was, which is why I never had a lot of friends. But, I didn't know any better. I am learning, I am growing by God's grace.

I do get overwhelmed by grace quite often, which is why I have been backing off of God. Its not the right thing to do, but I feel that if I didn't back off I wouldn't be able to function, I would be facedown in tears, not able to do anything. I don't know if I am saying it all the right way, but its my comprehension of it, and I need to talk to someone about it.

So I have choices to make, and I want to choose the best thing. You see, life happens no matter what you do. Choosing nothing is still a choice. I want to choose life. I want to live. I want to enjoy life. I believe that living life, and loving others is God's will. Like that song says "its not what you did, its how you live" that's what I mean.

I think I have a phone call to make.

3 comments:

Neo said...

XRC - Can't help much with the grace and faith part. But this might help the computer side. When people's computers start acting funky its usually due to malware and spyware. Here's a few links to two free programs that I use to help get rid of the stuff when they come a knocking. (They're both free)

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Download them, and update the definitions and do full scans when you're not busy. (most full scans take over an hour to complete depending on how many files are on your computer. Hope that helps.

And good luck with the choices.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

Shelley said...

I would neo, but my issue is no space left on my drive!
thnx tho!

Neo said...

XRC - I'm going to assume you're running XP. Windows creates restore points all the time, and it eats literally gigs of space. Try doing this. It should get back a ton of space for you.

http://thundercloud.net/infoave/answers/remove-old-restore-points.htm

Let me know how it works out. :)

Peace,

- Neo