Friday, November 14, 2008

Gimme Words to Speak

Have so much I want to say, but no words with which to speak.

I love how life is completely different for me now than it was years ago.
I love how I am so smart, and I don't forget what I have learned when it comes down to it.

I love how I am starting to feel like an adult, accept feeling like an adult.
I love how I am able to accept responsibility, and respect, which I never have before.

I love watching people around me grow as a result of my influence on them.
I love watching people being drawn to God.

I love watching my husband live up to a sliver of his potential. I know he can shine, I know he does shine. Its wonderful.

This is only the beginning. Where do we go from here oh God?
Give me words to speak... let me go at your speed...

Aaron Shust – Give Me the Words to Speak
From the album Whispered And Shouted

Calloused and bruised/ dazed and confused
My Spirit is left wanting something more
Than my selfish hopes/ and my selfish dreams
I’m lying with my face down to the floor
I’m crying out for more
Give me Words to speak
Don’t let my Spirit sleep
Cause I can’t think of anything worth saying
But I know that I owe You my life
So give me Words to speak
Don’t let my Spirit sleep
Every night, every day/ I find that I have nothing left to say
So I stand here in silence awaiting Your guidance
I’m wanting only Your voice to be heard
Let them be Your Words
I just don’t understand this life that I’ve been living
I just don’t understand (x2)
I just don’t understand these lies I’ve been believing
I just don’t understand (x2)



1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

Beautiful words= yours n the quote too!