Saturday, September 13, 2008

Introspective season. 60-60 day 19 update


I was hoping to do an update every 10 days, but seems that is not God's plan.

The last post I discussed feeling God's love.

This time, its all about me. How am I reflecting his love? I know that when I get busy, or I am hurting physically, I tend to look or sound pissed off. Why, because people have told me that I am. I admit that my facial expressions are not the best. I often say things because they are true without thinking about the look on my face.

One of my favorite Tree63 songs is "Joy" and it goes: Let me be a shining light for you, let me be a joy to you always....

I know that I love people, even more than I ever did before. I know that I reflect that when I am still. But it is when I am busy that I lose the intentionality of myself.

About oh, lets say a year ago or so, I read somewhere, something someone wrote on a blog or on a magazine article, or in a book "live life intentionally, not accidentally." Which has turned into a sort of "axiom" for me.

So, tell me if I am making a weird face at you. I am really trying to appear pleasant, but not fake. I am also watching the intonation of my voice. I know how often that can put me off with other people. Mostly, I am trying to watch my heart. I can get rushed, and stop being intentional, which is totally not what I want. I want to emit love in my voice. Especially at home. My husband is my first priority (after God of course), and I do tend to let my fences down around him because I am comfortable with him, and that could be our undoing. I know sometimes I am short with him and not because I mean to be. I love him more than anything in this world, and really want to continue to work on our marriage.

This growing thing is something that never stops. I am glad, because if I ever got stuck anywhere I have ever been, it would not be pretty. Thank God for second, third, fourth... continuing chances. Thank God for grace.

In order for me to be the leader God has called me to be, I have to start by leading myself. Its a constant process.


1 comment:

Snaggle Tooth said...

Often I reflect back happiness to those shining at me first, because just their presence lightens me up!

I'm told I don't smile often. Well, I don't. Usually I'm concentrating on other things n really not happy to boot-

Sometimes tho- I can brighten up those worse off than me. Also I notice most of my humor is very sarcastic, n that's what makes me amused!