Thursday, September 25, 2008

Acceptance

1. Denial- shock, numbness, panic, refusal to accept reality.
2. Anger- we may blame ourselves, God, and everyone around us
3. Bargaining- trying to strike a deal with life, ourselves, another person, or God. This is an attempt to prevent the loss.
4. Depression- our bargain having not worked, we become exhausted and become terribly sad. This is the time to cry, and it hurts. This stage begins when we humbly surrender, then we can begin the forgiveness process.
5. Acceptance- we are at peace with what is. We are free.

I am exhausted. This piece of grass is on my nose, and I can't get it off. I guess I am just going to have to accept that it is here, but it makes me sad. I can't change this. Only God can. I am glad for what is next, but that doesn't hurt any less. And there is so much more grass out there!!! What's a dog to do?

2 comments:

cestmoi19 said...

But, the piece of grass just makes you SO much cuter!!!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Some one is sure to come along to help you get it off...