Sunday, July 18, 2010

Kindred Spirit

The American Heritage Dictionary defines a kindred spirit as: "an individual with the same beliefs, attitudes or feelings as oneself."


It is rare in your life to come upon such a person where you just click.  I have found her.  Someone else who thinks the way I do, who gets me.  I also know we share many similar doubts, insecurities and fears.  


Really we have bonded instantly, and I appreciate how she just loves that I wear my heart on my sleeve.  We also share the love of Anne of Green Gables.  I fell in love with Anne with an e immediately as a teenage girl.  We both have the oft forgotten "e" in our names as well as being characters.  


While my friend and I aren't Diane and Anne, we certainly bonded like they did.  There is something about finding companionship with another person that accepts your faults and understands your behavior. Now, this isn't to say that I have romantic feelings or anything of the sort.  But I feel free to express my love and gratitude to her in word and deed without ridicule.  Slowly but surely something inside of me is being healed in a way that words no longer serve as well as the tears of joy in my eyes.


And for my first dear kindred spirit: alatsatmse :)

No comments: