Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Bible is a mirror

Galatians 5: two approaches to religion...

APPROACH ONE:

- What matters to God: Following the rules
- What shows I belong to God: Outer signs of my religion. (In the past: Circumcision. Maybe today: A Christian t-shirt, or a cross around my neck, or a bumper sticker on my car.)
- What I am driven by: The power of my human effort.
- What you'll see in my life if you take a close look: Sexual immorality, hate, selfish ambition, jealousy, drunkeness, putting other things before God

APPROACH TWO:
- What matters to God: Faith
- What shows I belong to God: Serving people in love.
- What I am driven by: The supernatural power of the Holy Spirit.
- What you'll see in my life if you take a close look: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control

NOW HERE'S THE QUESTION: And don't give the right answer, give the honest answer... Which of those two approaches more accurately describes you? (And what should you do about that?)

via www.vinceantonucci.com

No comments: