Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My stage debut

Okay, I got up and sang on stage today. In front of people. Not to make fun of myself. Not to gain praise for myself. But to praise God.

My friend Tony wanted to do an old school version of "O Happy Day" and needed a choir. When Deb and Tony asked, I thought they were joking.

You see, I am not really the best singer.

But something happens when I am praising God, I mean really praising him. My soul sings. Not me, but my soul.

Someone also handed me a tambourine. I guess I did a pretty darn good job. Especially since we had only one practice.

I am hoping Steve gets it up on Facebook so we can see it.

I had to remember to sing to the crowd. I forgot they were there, I was busy singing to God. Oh and the women on stage I have made friends with and are all lovely people. Everyone accepted me right in.

That touched me deep deep deeeeeeeep inside. The whole experience. I did it! I wasn't self-conscious, I was God conscious. The only pride I took was in my God. And when people said I did a good job, oh that was fun too.

So you have to pardon me, I am on a Holy Spirit high, and pretty filled with joy.

No comments: